The Essentials for Conducting Thorough Research—All from One Site
Britannica Academic delivers fast and easy access to high-quality, comprehensive information. The rich combination of the venerable Encyclopædia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, magazines and periodicals, and many other research tools provides the variety of reliable sources that students need to consult when conducting thorough collegiate research—all from one resource. Written by Nobel laureates, historians, curators, professors, and other notable experts, Britannica Academic’s articles provide trusted information with balanced, global perspectives and insights that users will not find anywhere else.
• In excess of 100,000 new and revised articles, with contributions from more than 100 Nobel laureates, numerous heads of state, Pulitzer Prize winners, leading professors and experts in all fields of human endeavour.
• Integration with Britannica ImageQuest, which offers a streamlined ability to explore millions of related images right from the search results page (requires subscriptions to both resources).
• A unique “Article History” feature, which allows users to see every update or editorial change in every article.
• Biography, subject, and contributor browses; e-books and primary sources; thousands of periodicals.
• News feeds from the New York Times and the BBC; editor-selected websites; an interactive world atlas; and famous quotations.
• Updated versions of the World Data Analyst and articles from the Britannica Book of the Year—as well as thousands of photographs, videos, tables, graphs and illustrations.